The average manager spends at least 50% of their time attending meetings – are these all necessary? How can they be more productive? This concise yet comprehensive course answers these and other provocative questions, so as to ensure best possible use of meeting time.
Need more information?
Call us Today
- Course Requirements
– Have clarity as to the actual purpose of any meeting
– Be able to plan, prepare and structure meetings effectively
– Gain greater clarity on roles within meetings and acquire skills to lead and record meetings
– Understand meeting dynamics and develop the interpersonal and influencing skills required
– Control the meeting whilst maintaining respect and dignity all round
– Manage difficult and challenging situations at meetings more effectively
– Feel more confident at the prospect of organizing and chairing productive meetings
– Why have meetings?
– Establishing criteria for whether a meeting is actually necessary
– Roles and responsibilities of the chair
– Planning meetings – creating a workable checklist.
– Pre-meeting communication and producing an agenda – involvement for all from the start
– Preventing hidden agendas or last minute “surprise items”
Opening the meeting
– Roles and responsibilities in the meeting
– Effective chairing – skills and qualities required
– The vital importance of ground rules
– Ensuring full commitment and engagement
– Managing the time efficiently – from the off
Running and managing the meeting
– The interpersonal skills and ensuring full participation/inclusion
– Effective communication between chair and meeting
– Maintaining control and influence through assertive behaviour and genuine confidence – from the “inside out”
– Recognising and working with differing communication and working styles
– React or respond? The distinctions and how they can affect the meeting
– Spotting and dealing appropriately with unspoken undercurrents
– Dealing with “difficult” behaviours and tricky tactics within meetings
– Let’s have another meeting! – live skill practice and feedback
After the meeting
– Keeping clear, accurate records
– Ensuring commitment to resultant actions – who does what, by when
– Following up where appropriate
A room with tables and chairs suitable for a classroom layout.
This course is offered as an onsite option that can be tailored to suit your specific requirements. Price will depend on duration and number of people who require training. Please contact us for pricing.