This programme gives participants the opportunity to explore and identify what true influence is and how they may become more influential with others. The course explodes the myth that people are “born influencers” and shows how, through a change in mindset and application of specific skills, they can develop the “natural authority” to influence with integrity.
Need more information?
Call us Today
- Course Requirements
– Build confidence in dealing with others
– Get full commitment and “buy in”
– Put forward new ideas more effectively
– Communicate more clearly and cleanly without resorting to manipulation
– Better understand others’ resistance and reasons behind it
– Develop genuine confidence based on strong self esteem
– Influence others effectively at all levels
What is influence?
– Defining terms – influence, persuasion, manipulation
– How our intention dictates whether we are influencing or manipulating
– From “push” to “pull” – bringing people with us
Preparing to influence
– Developing true confidence
– Mental and physical preparation
– The skills and qualities of an effective influencer
– Clarity on what we want and setting appropriate goals
– The importance of values as “drivers”
– Ways of identifying others’ values
– Adapting our approach to others’ styles and values
The interpersonal skills
– Multi-level questioning to identify the other party’s values and needs
– Active listening skills
– Reframing and summarising as a means of building influence
Dealing with resistance and “difficult” people
– Putting “difficult” behaviour into perspective
– Gaining understanding through active listening skills
– Commitment through the “pull” approach
– Approaching the group with an air of natural authority
– A five step approach for “selling” new ideas/projects and the like
Building influential relationships
– “In it for the long haul” – seeing influencing skills as a relationship building tool
All managers and employees who need to influence those around them, especially when handling change or new initiatives/projects.
A room with tables and chairs suitable for a classroom layout.
This course is offered as an onsite option that can be tailored to suit your specific requirements. Price will depend on duration and number of people who require training. Please contact us for pricing.