Dealing with Difficult Customers
This course will provide a much clearer understanding of why people appear to behave “unreasonably”. It will explore our own personal relationship with such behaviours, and equip delegates with the skills and attitude to deal effectively with such people.
It will create a more understanding and less fearful approach to the prospect of dealing with “difficult” and “unreasonable” people. Employees will be more able to defuse potentially destructive situations whilst maintaining safety and leaving all parties’ dignity intact.
Need more information?
Call us Today
- Course Requirements
Programme to include:
Why people behave unreasonably
– Exploring our own relationship with difficult behaviours
– The three main causes of conflict
– The four core behaviours
– The true nature of assertiveness as distinct from aggression
Our reactions to aggressive and “unreasonable” behaviours
– Avoiding “bad person illusion” – separating the person from the problem
– React or respond? Taking a considered approach
– The five stages of conflict – the escalation model
The practical skills
– Developing “verbal martial arts” – non confrontational use of language
– Non confrontational verbal and body language
– Recognising and avoiding the tiny/subtle triggers that may enflame
– Dealing with the “difficult” person using a simple three step “LAW” approach
– The vital importance of listening skills in building trust
When it gets really nasty
– Dealing effectively with inflamed and abusive people
– Verbal and non verbal techniques for calming the situation
– Maintaining dignity and respect for self and others
A room with tables and chairs suitable for a classroom layout.
This course is offered as an onsite option that can be tailored to suit your specific requirements. Price will depend on duration and number of people who require training. Please contact us for pricing.